AluapDans - Paula Marques Dance Company is a Non-Profit Association, established in January 2010.
Since then we work as:
Dance and Art School
As a COMPANY, we are responsible for two sub-structures: School´s Dance Company and an Inclusive Dance Company. We have developed our own repertoire both at a professional level and stutent level, as well as in an inclusive manner, since 1998.
As a DANCE SCHOOL we began by teaching non-certified dance classes until we were recognized by the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) in 2012, since then we have included certified vocational education in our offer to the general public.
In 2017, we were recognized by the Portuguese Ministry of Education and Science, therefore allowing us to teach official dance courses within the scope of Specialized Artistic Education in Dance.
For reasons related to social responsibility, the school assumes a scholarship program for students in need and who stand out due to their technical and artistic qualities.
Currently we has several partners in Cascais, Oeiras and Oporto, highly qualified tecahers and a diverse offer. We work with students who do dance just for fun, as well as students who aim for a career in dance. All ages are welcome.
The school is highly recognized for its healthy work environment.
Dedicated to projects such as:
- Production of Shows
- Professional Events
- Support for New Emerging Artists
- Dance Company Projects and Inclusive Dance
- Internships in the work context
- Exchanges and Co-Productions
Welcome to our School and Dance Company
Dance and Arts School
We offer a variety of dance training for students:
- Certified Vocational Courses recognized by the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA)
- Recognized Courses by the Portuguese Ministry of Education
- Regular Lessons and Non-Certified Courses
General Assembly :
Fiscal Council :
Pedagogical Direction :
Board of Direction:
- Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy from Escola Superior de Saúde de Alcoitão (ESSA).
- Licenciate Degree in Physiotherapy from Escola Superior de Tecnologia da Saúde de Lisboa (ESTeSL)
- Masters Degree in Dance Teaching Education from Escola Superior de Dança (ESD).
- Theatre Branch Associate Diploma by the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA).
- Theatre Branch Training Course by the South African Dance Teachers Association (SADTA).
Pedagogical and Artistic Direction
- Started her dance experience at the age of 3,
- 29 years of teaching experience,
- Several awards by SADTA in the subjects of Modern Jazz, Contemporary, Tap and Open Production,
- Artistic director and choreographer for the AluapDans Dance Company since 2010,
- Pedagogical Director of the AluapDans Dance School.