AluapDans is a Non-Profit Association, established in January 2010.
Since then we work as a dance company and as a dance school.
As a dance company, we have developed our own repertoire both at a professional level and stutent level, as well as in an inclusive manner, since 1998.
As a dance school we began by teaching non-certified dance classes until we were recognized by the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) in 2012, since then we have included certified vocational education in our offer to the general public. From 2017 to 2021, we were recognized by the Portuguese Ministry of Education and Science, therefore allowing us to teach official dance courses within the scope of Specialized Artistic Education in Dance. For reasons related to social responsibility, the school assumes a scholarship program for students in need and who stand out due to their technical and artistic qualities.
Currently we teach curricular activities in public schools, with the support of the Municipality of Oeiras. We are also dedicated to artistic projects in partnership with Norway, and are responsible for the e-learning training platform Formar Asas.
General Assembly :
Board of Direction:
Fiscal Council :
Pedagogical Direction :
- Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy from Escola Superior de Saúde de Alcoitão (ESSA).
- Licenciate Degree in Physiotherapy from Escola Superior de Tecnologia da Saúde de Lisboa (ESTeSL)
- Masters Degree in Dance Teaching Education from Escola Superior de Dança (ESD).
- Theatre Branch Associate Diploma by the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA).
- Theatre Branch Training Course by the South African Dance Teachers Association (SADTA).
Paula Fernandes Marques
Pedagogical and Artistic Direction
- Started her dance experience at the age of 3,
- 29 years of teaching experience,
- Several awards by SADTA in the subjects of Modern Jazz, Contemporary, Tap and Open Production,
- Artistic director and choreographer for the AluapDans Dance Company since 2010,
- Pedagogical Director of the AluapDans Dance School
- Training manager of the e-learning Platform- Formar Asas